Tuesday 9 October 2018

Zucchini Lasagna (Keto Recipe)

I have been doing this Keto Diet for the past one month. Keto Diet is also known as Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) diet. I haven’t seen a great difference in my weight yet although people around me are saying that I look like I have lost weight which indeed is nice to hear ;) The diet includes all the high fat food such as full fat dairy, red meat, poultry and excludes fruits except for berries. I did have a lot of difficulties in my body once I started this. Let me tell you this one month wasn’t the happiest  but now that my body is used to this eating style, I have felt much better. The heart burn problems and bloating issues has totally gone from my body. Anyway, the reason for me explaining this to you is to introduce you all to this absolutely delicious lasagne made of zucchini. This is a keto recipe. Since I dint have marinara sauce, I made one myself. 

Ingredients:
Ground beef or mutton                       1 kg
Tomato paste                                      2 small pack
Zucchini                                              3
Garlic                                                  4 cloves
Basil (dried)                                        2 tsp
Parsley (dried)                                    2 tsp
Mozerella (shredded)                         as required
Parmesan (grated)                              2-3 tbsp
Olive oil

Method:
  1. Slice the zucchinis lengthwise into thin slices (it will look like sheets). I used a peeler to do this. 
  2. Preheat the oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
  3. Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil.
  4. Add chopped garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
  5. Add the minced meat and cook for 5 minutes.
  6. Now add tomato paste, basil and parsley and cook for another 5 minutes and switch off the flame.
  7. In a greased baking pan, layer the zucchini sheets. On top of it pour some meat mixture.
  8. On top of that add mozzarella and parmesan.
  9. Continue this until you have layered all zucchini and the top most layer must only be off mozzarella and parmesan.
  10. Bake this for 30 minutes. Serve hot with some freshly chopped basil or parsley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment