Friday 2 January 2015

Avial.....!!!

Hi all.... I know its been a quite long time now.... Got really busy with house,friends and family.... So its yet another year here..... Lets all pray that may it be more better than last year and may we all have a blessed year ahead..... 

Now here is another famous south Indian side dish.... This is my all time favorite.. I love it the way my mom cooks this for me... I would eat a lot of rice just with this... Its easy to make tasty to eat and really healthy as well....
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking Time : 20 mins
Serves : 3

Ingredients:

Assorted veggies
3 cups
Grated coconut
½ cup
Green chilly
2
Jeera
a pinch
Water
1 tbsp
Yogurt
¼ cup
Turmeric powder
½ tsp
Green Mango
2 slices
Coconut oil

Salt

Curry leaves

Method:

1. Cook the veggies with turmeric powder, enough water,green mango and salt.
2. Meanwhile, grind grated coconut,jeera, green chilly, and 1 tsbp of water together in a grinder to a thick paste.
3. Once the veggies are almost done, add the ground paste and mix and cover and cook for 5 mins.
4. Now add yogurt into this and mix and cook for another 2 mins.
5. Off the flame and add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and curry leaves. 
6. Serve hot with steamed rice :) :)

Note:
  • You can add any veggies as per your taste. I used carrot,drum stick, ash gourd, snake gourd, ivy gourd and raw plantain.

No comments:

Post a Comment