Monday 8 October 2018

Saffron Tres Leches / Saffron Milk Cake!

I am back after a real long break 😊. It is indeed hard to manage work, studies, home and finding time to blog. But now I have made it a decision to atleast post one dish a week. So I hope you all would be enjoying more of my recipes. So here is one amazing dessert to start with. Although I have seen my sister making the basic Tres Leches, I never thought of trying it until I had this amazing Turkish Trileche from Istanbul. They have a very famous café in Taksim square named Hafiz Mustafa. They are famous for their desserts and signature Turkish coffee. That day I decided I must try it at home. But being busy again I couldn’t. Later one day one of colleague brings Saffron Tres Leches and I couldn’t resist but to have atleast 2 slices. It was heavenly. So, that’s when the final decision was made to make it at home but was waiting for an occasion. So for this time when we had our wifeys party (when all the wifes in my hubby’s friends circle get together), I decided to make this and let me tell you this blowed them, my hubby and indeed myself 😀 I made a really big one that served up to 20 people. So if you want to try for a smaller group, use half the proportion. The recipe comes here:


 



Ingredients:

Cake:
Eggs                                        6
Flour                                       2 cups
Corn Flour                              2 tbsp
Sugar                                      1 cup
Baking Powder                       ½ tsp
Saffron (optional)                   ½ tsp

Milk:
Evaporated milk                     2 tins of 410 ml
Milk                                       3 cups
Condensed Milk                    1 tin
Saffron                                   ¾ tsp

Topping:
Whipping Powder                  2 sachets
Milk                                       1/2 cup
Or Egg whites beat until meringue and blow torch them




Method:
  1. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree C.
  2. In a mixer or bowl beat the eggs with 1 cup of sugar until fluffy. This must be the consistency of eggs for sponge cake which is if you take out the beater with little batter and right an 8 on the rest of the batter, the number will stay for few seconds. This is how I understand its ready.
  3. Sift the flour, corn flour and baking powder.
  4. Add this into the egg mixture and fold until whole batter is mixed well. Add in the saffron to this and mix well.
  5. Bake this for about 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean. 
  6. Once the cake is baked, cool it for sometime.
  7. Meanwhile, prepare the milk mixture. Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk and milk in a pan and heat until just boil. Add in saffron and keep it on low flame for few minutes. Switch off the flame.
  8. Once the cake is cooled, prick it all over with a fork.
  9. Keep around 2 cups of milk aside and pour rest of it on the cake.
  10. Keep for 5 mins and beat whipping cream and spread it over as you wish.
  11. Keep this closed and cool for at least 4 hours before serving. I kept it overnight and came out well.
  12. Enjoy the yummiest Saffron Tres Leches :)



2 comments: